Create Open Health
Also in this section
- Health Innovation Programme
- Real World Evaluation
- Getting Started Evaluation Resources
- Support external link
- Swindon & Wiltshire Health and Life Science Innovation Hub
- Resource external link
- Health Technology Accelerator Programme
- National Resources
- Create Open Health
- Academic Health Science Network Engagement Form
- Medtech and Digital Health regulations
- NICE and NIHR resources
Do you have a digital or technology based idea that could have a real and positive impact on the mental health and resilience of young people in the UK? Do you need help bringing your idea to life?
We have teamed up with not-for-profit organisation Creative England and The Wellcome Trust to launch Create Open Health. This new healthcare initiative is an open call for digital or technology-based solutions, which could be implemented within the NHS and health sector to support the mental well being of young people in the UK.
Applications for the Create Open Health Programme will close on Sunday 31st March 2019.
Who can apply?
We are looking for innovative cross-sector digital and tech ideas to answer these challenges, from those who have ideas to give but not always the opportunity nor the means to build them into something real.
We want talented people to apply with remarkable propositions, rooted in a technology or digital approach, that could directly support and empower children and young people, their caregivers, or their community – in building resilience and supporting positive mental health.
What will it cover?
In exchange, successful applicants will be offered the chance to build on their ideas during an intensive two day development bootcamp and hackathon – with technical expertise provided to develop the digital tech behind the idea. We’ll also give applicants guidance in actually implementing their idea within the healthcare industry or network such as the NHS, guidance on financing their idea, plus we will provide ongoing support in the form of technical and business development expertise – plus the chance to secure investment too.
Successful applicants will attend a 2-day business and idea development bootcamp in Bristol on 26 & 27 April 2019
We’re welcoming any idea, rooted in a digital or technology offer, that you think would have a positive impact. More specifically, we’re looking for solutions that:
- Support social inclusion and build resilience in children and young people
- Empower young people to take control of their mental health, or to help
the well being of them and their peers
- Help parents, schools and communities to identify the early signs of mental health problems, and to support each other
- Improve access to quality of care and expand the information available to children, young people, their caregivers or their community through the use of digital products
- Help address the stigma associated with poor mental health and mental health conditions
- Improve young people’s experience of mental health care
For more information, please email Urszula Kapoulas at firstname.lastname@example.org.