Candidate selection criteria
Health Innovation Programme Selection Criteria
1. This programme is open to the West of England AHSN members (NHS commissioners, providers & universities), micro-businesses, Small & Medium Enterprises and public contributors.
2. All types of businesses with different business models are welcomed, i.e. social enterprises, businesses that wish to develop a horizontal innovation and cross-sector technology application.
3. Priority will be given to applicants employed in the West of England AHSN geographical boundaries, which covers Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, Bath, North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire. Applications from Wessex AHSN and South West AHSN geographical boundaries will also be considered.
4. You need to be an innovator with a concept or a business proposition which you are passionate about moving forward.
5. The focus of the concept, product or process needs to contain an innovative entrepreneurial element and be applicable to the healthcare sector.
6. You need to be prepared to work up your ideas in an open way but in a closed environment where all participants would be committed to confidentiality.
7. If you are a public contributor you will already be working with one of the West of England AHSN members or associated organisations. Please email Rosie.Brown@weahsn.net to discuss your proposal and links with West of England AHSN member organisation or other applicants for this course.