Networking & Events
- OBN BioTuesday – South West Health Tech & Medical Device Showcase
- The National Medtech & Biotech Summit
- Designability 51st Annual Lecture
- Market Insight Briefing – 3 December 2019
- Assisted Living Action Network
- UK HealthTech 2019
- The Future of Care: Genomic Science – now and future
- mHealth App Developer Seminar
- Medilink South West
- Market Insight Briefing – 9 January 2020
- The Future of Care: Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Market Insight Briefing – 6 February 2020
The Future of Care: Robotics and Autonomous Systems
30th January, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Holiday Inn Bristol Filton
Organised by West of England AHSN
0117 900 3408, email@example.com
Holiday Inn Bristol Filton, Bristol, BS16 1QX
This event is the second in a series of four Future of Care events to raise awareness and knowledge of the future facing developments that are fast approaching the NHS and becoming more mainstream that senior decision makers and leaders in local systems need to be cognisant of and begin to plan for.
- Genomic Science: now and future
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Population health, opportunities from Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Diagnostics and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Robotics and autonomous systems are increasingly seen as a means of providing independence and more personalised care for people with long term conditions, while alleviating burden on staff and budgetary resources.
This may be through physical assistive robotics technology to support rehabilitation, independence or improve patient ability and comfort, or social robots that could provide cognitive support and enable social interaction for people who are living alone.
At this event we will explore the potential of robotics and autonomous systems to fulfil these needs, understand the challenges of implementation and explore some of the ethical and social issues surrounding the use of this technology.
- Praminda Caleb-Solly, Bristol Robotics Laboratory on Robotics in Social Care: A Connected Care EcoSystem for Independent Living.
We have limited places and therefore this will be a invite only event. Register your interest if you would like to attend the event.